- As a holiday lover, this delights me!
- As a momma of school kids who loves their break, this thrills me!
- As a party-thrower and gift-giver, this gets my attention!
- But as a business owner…this puts me on HIGH alert because we should be implementing things RIGHT now for our holiday season!
My friend Jane Button, specializes in tactile products and helping creatives get their products ‘beyond Etsy’ – in stores and licensed for mass production. She would say that if you are just now planning for the holidays, you’ve missed it! Yikes!
However, for those of us in other markets and industries…we still have a teensy bit more time! Phew! That’s GOOD news!
But maybe you don’t know where to start! I have a few ideas for you later in this article, but first I wanted to share this article about these 3 smart business owners!
So, how do we apply this to YOUR business??? Great question! So glad you asked!
- If you have a physical business, are you VISIBLE and PROFESSIONAL in your signage or promotions?
- If you have promoted primarily with social media or email marketing in the past…have you considered a direct mail piece like a postcard? Guess what? Our snail mail boxes are the least crowded spaces we have! An attention-getting, well-designed promotional piece from a pro that ‘gets business’ is a great investment and will help you stand out from the crowd!
- If you do trade shows, fair booths, home parties or cross-marketing with brick and mortar stores… table tops, fliers and more can be a great way to increase top of mind awareness, generate interest for your offer and look like a PRO in the meantime…even if you have ZERO design skills or a team!
- Creating a coupon, a direct response flier or a code that you’re sharing on any of the above would also be powerful.
Listen up, you may have heard me say this before…’It is NOT your audience’s responsibility to remember that you are in business.’ — It is up to YOU to remind them, show your professionalism, show that you aren’t dabbling but you are ALL in!
I’m going to challenge you to brainstorm TODAY what you are going to implement and executive for the holidays (hello, those start now!)
And remember, let the pros handle what the pros specialize in. You do what YOU do best and let the professionals make you SHINE in your image, logos, branding and materials! I love that these business owners trusted Staples Print & Marketing Services!!
Footnote: I’ve personally used Staples for workbooks, binders, postcards, wall posters, tall banners and more and love these new ideas!!