Today’s guest post is by my friend, small business advisor, Jim Connolly. I happened to catch it when he posted on Google+ and immediately printed it out and posted it on my desk.
I’m a huge fan of “40 Days of Fanatical Focus” and I teach this as part of the 4 Pillars for huge momentum and exponential growth — but sometimes 40 days can be overwhelming…so this 7 day ‘challenge’ appealed to me in a big way.
I dare you to try it. As a matter of fact – I double dog dare ya 😉
by Jim Connolly
We often tell ourselves that we are open-minded, yet we seldom make significant changes to our routines. We read the same kind of books, gravitate to people who dress like we do and listen to those with similar political or religious views to our own.
It’s comfortable, but seldom leads to real growth.
It’s easy, but far less inspiring than we deserve.
So, what if?
- What if you decided not to watch any TV, for the next 7 days?
- What if you decided to give 100% to every piece of work you do and every interaction you have, for the next 7 days?
- What if you decided to start your day with gentle exercise, for the next 7 days?
- What if you decided to write a blog post every day, for the next 7 days?
- What if you decided to do an act of great kindness for a different person, every day, for the next 7 days?
- What if you decided to listen to a radio station that plays different music to your usual taste or has different political opinions, every day, for the next 7 days?
- What if you decided to write a thank you note each day to a different person who has helped or inspired you, for the next 7 days?
(Thanks Jim…I am ALL over it!) What about YOU? Tell me below how this moves you to take action!
Connect with Jim at his blog for great small business growth advice!